Abel Dancing Bears Grateful Dead Series Reels
Following the success of their individually hand-painted Grateful Dead ® ‘Steal Your Face’ logo reels in 2013 the group’s iconic ‘Dancing Bears’ design has been licensed by Abel as the second pattern in the series.
Calling all Deadhead anglers…
As a leader in machining technology Abel wanted to continue the special tradition of the Grateful Dead reels by utilizing a new machining procedure that CNC mills the Dancing Bears .020” into the aluminium frame at a speed of 40,000 rpm before filling them in with an epoxy paint, resulting in an ultra-clean image with a texture that can be felt as well as seen.
Set against the ‘outdoorsy’ feeling forest green tie-dye background requested by the band the limited edition of 250 reels is likely to sell out just as quickly as the first series did!
To build your Dancing Bears reel just click HERE
Articles by the same author
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire