Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
Gary Cima of Bend, Oregon has told us about the films his son, Joe, has been making with Mountain Made Media in this, the third film we are highlighting, it's all about steelhead.
Steelhead are one of the most revered species for a fly fisherman to catch and those cold, foggy mornings spent along a coastal stream call to the very soul of the fly fisherman. Chrome, the color of strength, stamina and survival; the epic journey that steelhead go on, make them the a truly special fish. These steelhead literally ride the tide into the clean, cold rivers that reach into the ocean...on a mission to return to their home waters.
In late January we had a great weekend, chasing steel along the southern coast of Oregon; it was a trip we'll never forget...chasing sea lice-covered chromers on the fly...It doesn't get any better than that!
To see more of the work of the Mountain Made Media team head over to their Facebook page HERE
Articles by the same author
- Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
- Big Brookies in Oregon
- Fly Fishing for Big Brown Trout in Oregon
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 1
- Murphy’s Back with Douglas Outdoors
- International Fly Fishing Fair
- Redington Introduces Fly Fishing Team
- Fly Fishing Film Marathon
- Destination Texas Fly Fishing Expo
- Orvis Name Fly-Fishing Lodge of the Year 2014