Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
Gary Cima of Bend, Oregon has told us about the films his son, Joe, has been making with Mountain Made Media in this, the third film we are highlighting, it's all about steelhead.
Steelhead are one of the most revered species for a fly fisherman to catch and those cold, foggy mornings spent along a coastal stream call to the very soul of the fly fisherman. Chrome, the color of strength, stamina and survival; the epic journey that steelhead go on, make them the a truly special fish. These steelhead literally ride the tide into the clean, cold rivers that reach into the ocean...on a mission to return to their home waters.
In late January we had a great weekend, chasing steel along the southern coast of Oregon; it was a trip we'll never forget...chasing sea lice-covered chromers on the fly...It doesn't get any better than that!
To see more of the work of the Mountain Made Media team head over to their Facebook page HERE
Articles by the same author
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…