How to tie a Palomar knot
Use: Tying on flies.
Description: Ranks alongside the Trilene knot as the strongest knot for attaching a fly to a tippet.
1. Double about 150mm of the end of the tippet and pass through the eye of the hook.
2. Use the double line to tie an overhand or thumb knot, letting the hook hang loose and avoiding twisting the lines.
3. Pull the loop down and pass it over the hook.
4. Moisten the knot and pull both the tag end and standing end of the tippet to tighten the knot.
5. Finish by trimming the tag end.
Graphics of knots drawn by Tim Pegg of Thilmcraft Graphics. E-mail: email@example.com
Articles by the same author
- Jose Wejebe 'Spanish Fly' Memorial Foundation
- Doug Hannon “The Bass Professor” Dies at 66
- Allen Fly Fishing Compass Fly Rod 9' #5
- Fly Fishing The World Visits Iceland
- Abel Acquired By The Mayfly Group
- Western Canadian Fly Fishing Expo
- Calgary To Host 2013 Fly Fishing Championships
- Cutthroat Leaders Unveils New Website
- ISER Researcher Criticizes Pebble Data, Shively Shrugs Off Concerns of Hunters and Sport Fishermen
- Fly Fishing Museum Has New Website