How to tie a Palomar knot
Use: Tying on flies.
Description: Ranks alongside the Trilene knot as the strongest knot for attaching a fly to a tippet.
1. Double about 150mm of the end of the tippet and pass through the eye of the hook.
2. Use the double line to tie an overhand or thumb knot, letting the hook hang loose and avoiding twisting the lines.
3. Pull the loop down and pass it over the hook.
4. Moisten the knot and pull both the tag end and standing end of the tippet to tighten the knot.
5. Finish by trimming the tag end.
Graphics of knots drawn by Tim Pegg of Thilmcraft Graphics. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire