How to tie a Palomar knot
Use: Tying on flies.
Description: Ranks alongside the Trilene knot as the strongest knot for attaching a fly to a tippet.
1. Double about 150mm of the end of the tippet and pass through the eye of the hook.
2. Use the double line to tie an overhand or thumb knot, letting the hook hang loose and avoiding twisting the lines.
3. Pull the loop down and pass it over the hook.
4. Moisten the knot and pull both the tag end and standing end of the tippet to tighten the knot.
5. Finish by trimming the tag end.
Graphics of knots drawn by Tim Pegg of Thilmcraft Graphics. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- Cuba to ‘Open Up’ to Fishing with Orvis
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame