Fly Fishing Retailer show heading for a new home in 2010
AFFTA allowed to pursue fly fishing industry trade show options as they and Nielsen Business Media (owners of the Fly Fishing Retailer show) agree to go their separate ways. Here are the two sides of the coin....
LOUISVILLE, COLORADO. Since April, 2009, AFFTA has been in discussions with Nielsen Business Media, owner of the FlyFishing Retailer Expo (FFR) to determine how to improve upon future FFR shows. Nielsen shared AFFTA's desire to improve upon the design and production of future FFR shows.
Kenji Haroutunian, group show director for the FlyFishing Retailer and Outdoor Retailer shows, sent an open letter today to manufacturers and buyers from the fly fishing and outdoor recreation industries.
In the letter, Haroutunian invites members of the fly fishing industry to join Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in 2010, as the FlyFishing Retailer Show will no longer take place in its current format. The conclusion that the fly fishing industry cannot sustain a stand-alone event in the current marketplace follows months of discussions with members of the fly fishing industry.
As part of its Summer Market event, Outdoor Retailer has offered to provide a new venue and demo experience for FlyFishing Retailer participants, along with an opportunity to grow the fly fishing category into other segments in the outdoor recreation market.
Articles by the same author
- AFFTA Appoints Ben Kurtz to Board of Directors
- AFFTA and Fly Fishing Show Join Forces
- AFFTA Joins TU in Opposing Bill that would Trash America’s Backcountry
- Berlin shifts role to Business Manager at AFFTA
- Request for Award Nominations, Wild Trout X
- AFFTA announces new show and new Marketing Director
- Fly Fishing Retailer show heading for a new home in 2010