New Mobile Web App Puts CA Fishing Information at Your Fingertips
It’s a nice weekend, and you want to go fishing, where should you go? If not everyone in your group has a license, where will you find the nearest place to purchase one?
The California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) has released a mobile Fishing Guide web application that provides access to fishing locations, latest fish planting sites and fishing license sales locations. The web app, which is optimized for iPhone, Android and Blackberry smartphones, can be accessed by navigating to www.dfg.ca.gov/mobile.
The new web app has three components:
1. Fishing Guide: The core Fishing Guide component provides a listing and maps of more than 1,500 fishing locations across the state.
This includes locations that are accessible by car as well as back-country sites.
2. Fish Planting Schedule: Recently planted locations often provide excellent fishing opportunities. Anglers can now use their mobile phones to quickly find the latest fish planting sites in their area.
3. Fishing Licenses: Use your mobile phone to find one of the more than 1,600 locations around the state that sell fishing licenses.
Articles by the same author
- G.Loomis Expands ‘Xpeditor’ Service
- 14th Annual Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival
- Southeastern Fly Fishing Festival Returns to Western Carolina
- Invasive Grass Carp Could Damage the Environment
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014