IGFA launches world record iPhone app
Having the information at your fingertips about current world records will let you quickly know if you have a contender or not as well as how to identify it and even log a photo on Facebook.
DANIA BEACH, Fla., USA -- You’re still reeling from your fish fight and the one you just brought to the boat is definitely your biggest yet – but is it an IGFA World Record? How will you weigh it, and how will you share the moment with your buddies back on land?
Finally, the IGFA has an iPhone app anglers have been asking for. The IGFA Mobile App will amaze your friends and inspire your fishing adventures with all the knowledge you’ll have at your fingertips. You can quickly identify your catches with stunning full-color images, then search for vacant, pending, and standing IGFA World Records, all from this amazing app.
Even if your fish is a pound shy of a record, this app has plenty of functions for every angler. From planning your next trip to tracking your IGFA Slam Club progress to sharing your catches with family and friends, the IGFA Mobile has you covered.
Check out some of its many features:
- World Record Database - Want to know how your catch measures up to the world’s greatest? The app is automatically updated with the latest records on over 1100 species when it is opened and connected to a cellular or wi-if connection. Great for comparing what you’ve hooked – or planning to fill a vacant record. It’s an IGFA exclusive.
- IGFA Species ID - Along with marine artists Diane Rome Peebles’ and Duane Ravers’ incredible full-color images of every record game species, the ID descriptions include extensive reference material from the IGFA including thorough habitat information, geographic distribution and anatomy and it’s only available from the experts at the IGFA.
- My Catches - Take a photo (iPhone 3Gs or 4) of the monster fish you land, enter the details of your fight and upload to Facebook or email with one easy step. On the iPhone or iPad, GPS functions will automatically record the location of your catches as you log them.
- Quest List – This is for anglers on a mission. Track your progress towards your next IGFA Weight Club (for bass, snook, or bonefish) or IGFA Slam Club. You can also create your own customizable quest.
- IGFA Weigh Stations - Do you think your catch is close to the current record? One quick tap and you’ll know how close you are to an official IGFA Weigh Station, with maps to help you get there, and it’s also an IGFA exclusive.
- Trip Planning List - A successful angler is a prepared angler, and using your list will give you the best shot of having a great day on the water.
- IGFA Rules - Make sure your catch counts every time. Consult the IGFA International Angling Rules – for both conventional and flyrod – to make sure your next catch won’t be disqualified and it’s only available from the IGFA.
So what’s the cost? It’s a one time charge at the introductory price of $8.99. And it also works on the iPad too.
Go to http://www.igfa.org/Fish/IGFA-Mobile.aspx to learn more.
Articles by the same author
- IGFA 2016 Hall of Fame
- IGFA Comments on Everglades National Park General Management Plan
- IGFA launches world record iPhone app
- New world record brown trout ratified
- World record bass moves a step closer