News from IFTD - Day One of the Fly Fishing Show
Not much time to 'sightsee' on day one of the International Fly Tackle Dealer show in New Orleans so here's a quick snapshot of the day from inbetween meetings. More gear news to come later this week...
Kirk Deeter and Tim Romano from the US-based Angling Trade magazine are hosting the New Product Showcase right inside the entrance to the show with visitors including yours truly voting on best new products in a range of categories and of course the coveted 'Best of Show'. We'll share the results as soon as we have them but notable products that caught my eye were the new Hardy Fortuna and Light reels, the Sage One rod series and a new line of fly fishing apparel designed especially for the ladies by Redington.
The IFTD Best of Show awards waiting to be won
Redington Marketing Manager, Jennifer Gish displays a couple of the new ladies fishing shirts
The main casting pond right in the centre of the show hall at IFTD
Anyone for Alligator Jambalaya - only in New Orleans!
Happy Birthday message to legendary photographer Brian O'Keefe at the pre-awards party held at The Republic
Nice period picture used of Brian circa the 70's I'm guessing which you can just make out!
More to come tomorrow from day two of the show...
Articles by the same author
- Jose Wejebe 'Spanish Fly' Memorial Foundation
- Doug Hannon “The Bass Professor” Dies at 66
- Allen Fly Fishing Compass Fly Rod 9' #5
- Fly Fishing The World Visits Iceland
- Abel Acquired By The Mayfly Group
- Western Canadian Fly Fishing Expo
- Calgary To Host 2013 Fly Fishing Championships
- Cutthroat Leaders Unveils New Website
- ISER Researcher Criticizes Pebble Data, Shively Shrugs Off Concerns of Hunters and Sport Fishermen
- Fly Fishing Museum Has New Website