News from IFTD - Day Two of the Fly Fishing Show
Second day of the International Fly Tackle Dealer show and today was all about the competitions. Best of show fly fishing awards, pond hog casting and iron fly were all battled out today.
I'm glad to report there were competitors representing the UK in all the events which were all keenly contested. The main focus today though was on the awarding of the Best in Show awards for new products.
Here is the winners list 'hot off the press'...
- BEST OF SHOW - Simms ProDry GORE-TEX jacket, bib and pants
- Best Outerwear - Simms ProDry GORE-TEX jacket, bib and pants
- Fly Rods, Freshwater - Sage "ONE"
- Fly Rods, Saltwater - Sage "ONE"
- Fly Reel, Freshwater - Hardy "Ultralite"
- Fly Reel, Saltwater - Nautilus NV "Monster"
- Fly Lines, Freshwater - Scientific Anglers Mastery Textured Trout Stalker
- Fly Lines, Saltwater - Airflo "Ridge" Floating Clear Tip Tropical Fly Line
- Eyewear - Smith "Chief" with Techlite TLT Lenses
- Wading Gear - Simms Freestone Stockingfoot Waders
- Women's Specific Product - Redington Women's "Sonic-Pro" Waders
- Youth Specific Product - CasTarget by The School of Fly Fishing
- Eco-Friendly Product - Korkers Metalhead Wading Boot with "Svelte 2" Soles
- General Apparel - Buff "Bug Slinger" Series UV
- Fly Pattern, Freshwater - Jay Zimmermans "Texas Ringworm" (Umpqua Feather Merchants)
- Fly Pattern, Saltwater - Fish-Skull - "Crafty Deceiver"
- Fly Tying Material - Fish-Skull "Sculpin Helmet"
- Fly Box/Storage System - Montana Fly Company "MFC Waterproof Boat Box"
- Book - Fifty More Places to Fly Fish Before You Die, by Chris Santella (Anglers Book Supply)
- DVD - "Musky Country Zero 2 Hero" by Robert Thompson (Anglers Book Supply)
- Gift Item - Montana Fly Company "MFC iPad Folder"
- Luggage - Fishpond "Bumpy Road Cargo Duffel"
- Accessory - Loon Outdoors "Nip & Sip"
- Chest Pack/Vest - Rising "Flask Pack"
Congratulations to all the above. Carrying on yesterdays theme of some images from the show and city here are todays offerings...
Classic French Quarter architecture of New Orleans
Way Yin - better known as a caster of double-handed rods gives the single-hand Pond Hog competition a throw under the watchful eye of M.C. Brian O'Keefe
New manufacturer Vedavoo were on hand with a smart range of accessories and apparel - "Made in the USA"
The Iron Fly Competition drew a good crowd with Steve from Fulling Mill (nearest to camera) coming second overall!
A great follow-up to the original book - Chris Santella is back with a second 50 More Places to Fly Fish Before You Die - Best Book award winner
Montana Fly Co keep bringing out great looking products - their "MFC iPad Folder" won Best Gift Item award and features this superb Tarpon artwork
Costa Sunglasses brought along a great looking Airstream Trailer compete with fly stickers plastered all over it
Best vehicle winner (if there was such as award) would have gone to Simms for their tour bus parked outside the Convention Centre
Articles by the same author
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire