New duo take the reins on Norway's Gaula
The Norwegian Flyfishers' Club has for thirty years been the life's work of Manfred Raguse, who built it up from the early days after readers of his German magazine articles asked to come and fish with him. Now a new area dawns with new owners Per Arneberg and Enrico Cristiani taking over the famous Rotation fishery with its extensive prime salmon-fishing beats on the middle and lower river.
A chance meeting in June 2011, while fishing the same beats of the Norwegian Flyfisher’s Club, has brought about a new and invigorating change of ownership and management to the NFC as well as the fulfilment of life-long dreams to run a flyfishing establishment for Per Arneberg and Enrico Cristiani.
Both men have been avid fishermen from a young age – and between the two they have fished the Gaula for many years, as well as many of the finest fly-fishing rivers of Norway, Scotland, Russia, Iceland and the United States.
It was perhaps inevitable that with their shared passion for fly fishing and their entrepreneurial spirits, that in just one short week, the two were already discussing the idea of one day owning and operating a fishing operation such as the NFC together. Little did they imagine that an exploratory conversation with NFC owner Manfred Raguse, that same week, would turn their dream into a reality in less than a year...
Continue reading the full article on our Salmon and Destination fishing site - FishandFly.com - Click here!
Articles by the same author
- Florida Fly Fishing Expo Announces October Classes with Bob Clouser and Wanda Taylor
- Abel Dancing Bears Grateful Dead Series Reels
- Thomas & Thomas Rodmakers has a New Owner
- Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
- Big Brookies in Oregon
- Fly Fishing for Big Brown Trout in Oregon
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 1
- Murphy’s Back with Douglas Outdoors
- International Fly Fishing Fair
- Redington Introduces Fly Fishing Team