Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop
Only about 30 percent of Dan Leavens’ inventory remains at his Stonefly Outfitters in Twin Bridges, Montana after someone stole at least $20,000 worth of goods overnight.
Source: Renata Birkenbuel at the Montana Standard
The thieves apparently jimmied a window to enter the business after Dan had closed the shop, located at 409 N. Main St. The intruders took fly rods, fishing hats and cash, among other items during the heart of the prime fly fishing season.
It’s the second time this summer that the shop has been broken into. Leavens said that in June a thief got away with four Yeti coolers worth about $400 that were chained to the front porch of the shop. The thief cut the chains to get the merchandise.
Read the full story in the Montana Standard HERE
Articles by the same author
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014
- Board Changes at AFFTA
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year