Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop
Only about 30 percent of Dan Leavens’ inventory remains at his Stonefly Outfitters in Twin Bridges, Montana after someone stole at least $20,000 worth of goods overnight.
Source: Renata Birkenbuel at the Montana Standard
The thieves apparently jimmied a window to enter the business after Dan had closed the shop, located at 409 N. Main St. The intruders took fly rods, fishing hats and cash, among other items during the heart of the prime fly fishing season.
It’s the second time this summer that the shop has been broken into. Leavens said that in June a thief got away with four Yeti coolers worth about $400 that were chained to the front porch of the shop. The thief cut the chains to get the merchandise.
Read the full story in the Montana Standard HERE
Articles by the same author
- Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
- Big Brookies in Oregon
- Fly Fishing for Big Brown Trout in Oregon
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 1
- Murphy’s Back with Douglas Outdoors
- International Fly Fishing Fair
- Redington Introduces Fly Fishing Team
- Fly Fishing Film Marathon
- Destination Texas Fly Fishing Expo
- Orvis Name Fly-Fishing Lodge of the Year 2014