If you love fly fishing then you should visit the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum in Livingston Manor, NY says Mark J. Czerwinski
Source Mark J. Czerwinski, NorthJersey.com
According to NorthJersey.com the best time to make the trip is Aug 3-4, when the Museum hosts its 30th annual Summerfest event - an angler’s dream.
Amongst the many things Summerfest offers is the Anglers Market - a flea market that features more than 100 tables of fly-fishing and outdoor sports-related equipment, including collectibles, fly-tying material, old rods, reels and a lot of items you usually don’t see.
There is also the chance to compete for the Hardy Cup, a bamboo-rod casting contest that draws competitors from as far away as Japan. First prize is a Hardy fly reel and details about the contest can be found HERE
One of the new features for 2013 is an arts and crafts show and an outdoor art show and there is a free pig roast barbecue Aug 3 after the casting competition.
The event is a fun outing for the whole family where you’ll get to meet a lot of passionate fly anglers.
You can learn more about the Summerfest event and get a link for directions by clicking HERE
Articles by the same author
- Fix Our Water: Florida's Water Crisis
- Simms Releases New Film All About 'The Wader Makers.'
- Cuba to ‘Open Up’ to Fishing with Orvis
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History