If you love fly fishing then you should visit the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum in Livingston Manor, NY says Mark J. Czerwinski
Source Mark J. Czerwinski, NorthJersey.com
According to NorthJersey.com the best time to make the trip is Aug 3-4, when the Museum hosts its 30th annual Summerfest event - an angler’s dream.
Amongst the many things Summerfest offers is the Anglers Market - a flea market that features more than 100 tables of fly-fishing and outdoor sports-related equipment, including collectibles, fly-tying material, old rods, reels and a lot of items you usually don’t see.
There is also the chance to compete for the Hardy Cup, a bamboo-rod casting contest that draws competitors from as far away as Japan. First prize is a Hardy fly reel and details about the contest can be found HERE
One of the new features for 2013 is an arts and crafts show and an outdoor art show and there is a free pig roast barbecue Aug 3 after the casting competition.
The event is a fun outing for the whole family where you’ll get to meet a lot of passionate fly anglers.
You can learn more about the Summerfest event and get a link for directions by clicking HERE
Articles by the same author
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- AFFTA / Fly Fishing Shows 2014
- Iconic British Fishing Emporium, Farlows, Casts a Line for the Future
- Don’t Miss the World Premiere of Waypoints!
- Sportfishing Summit 2013
- ASF's 31st Annual New York Gala Dinner and Auction
- Noted Fly Angler A.K. Best to Talk on Fishing Colorado