National Program Brings Fly Fishing to Virginia’s Schools
The National Fishing in Schools Program (NFSP) has held a teacher certification session at James Madison University.
Source: The Virginia Council of Trout Unlimited
NFSP is a nationwide, in-school program that teaches fly fishing to students in middle schools and high schools. NFSP educates students about fish, insects, aquatic environment, resource stewardship and conservation using fishing, and learning the skill of casting, as the instructional tool. The program is a natural compliment to the Trout Unlimited ‘Trout in the Classroom’ program.
Click HERE for the full story
Articles by the same author
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire
- Illinois Catch and Release
- Florida Fly Fishing Expo Announces October Classes with Bob Clouser and Wanda Taylor
- Abel Dancing Bears Grateful Dead Series Reels
- Thomas & Thomas Rodmakers has a New Owner
- Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
- Big Brookies in Oregon