National Program Brings Fly Fishing to Virginia’s Schools
The National Fishing in Schools Program (NFSP) has held a teacher certification session at James Madison University.
Source: The Virginia Council of Trout Unlimited
NFSP is a nationwide, in-school program that teaches fly fishing to students in middle schools and high schools. NFSP educates students about fish, insects, aquatic environment, resource stewardship and conservation using fishing, and learning the skill of casting, as the instructional tool. The program is a natural compliment to the Trout Unlimited ‘Trout in the Classroom’ program.
Click HERE for the full story
Articles by the same author
- Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
- Big Brookies in Oregon
- Fly Fishing for Big Brown Trout in Oregon
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 1
- Murphy’s Back with Douglas Outdoors
- International Fly Fishing Fair
- Redington Introduces Fly Fishing Team
- Fly Fishing Film Marathon
- Destination Texas Fly Fishing Expo
- Orvis Name Fly-Fishing Lodge of the Year 2014