Team USA Dominate World Youth Fly Fishing Championships
The 12th FIPS-Mouche World Youth Fly Fishing Championships saw Team USA bringing home two medals for the third year in a row.
Source: Mark Nale, Centre Daily
This year’s competition was held in Ireland and involved 9 teams from 8 countries fishing two rivers, two lakes and a two-acre pond.
Erie County youth Jonathan Dietz greatly assisted his team by earning two session first-places and finishing 11th out of 49 anglers. Cam Chioffi, a Massachusetts youth, earned three session-firsts, as well as a second and a third place to win an individual gold medal in the three-day competition.
Team USA won the team gold medal, one of the two Irish teams won silver and South Africa took the bronze medal.
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- G.Loomis Expands ‘Xpeditor’ Service
- 14th Annual Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival
- Southeastern Fly Fishing Festival Returns to Western Carolina
- Invasive Grass Carp Could Damage the Environment
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014