Team USA Dominate World Youth Fly Fishing Championships
The 12th FIPS-Mouche World Youth Fly Fishing Championships saw Team USA bringing home two medals for the third year in a row.
Source: Mark Nale, Centre Daily
This year’s competition was held in Ireland and involved 9 teams from 8 countries fishing two rivers, two lakes and a two-acre pond.
Erie County youth Jonathan Dietz greatly assisted his team by earning two session first-places and finishing 11th out of 49 anglers. Cam Chioffi, a Massachusetts youth, earned three session-firsts, as well as a second and a third place to win an individual gold medal in the three-day competition.
Team USA won the team gold medal, one of the two Irish teams won silver and South Africa took the bronze medal.
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
- Big Brookies in Oregon
- Fly Fishing for Big Brown Trout in Oregon
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 1
- Murphy’s Back with Douglas Outdoors
- International Fly Fishing Fair
- Redington Introduces Fly Fishing Team
- Fly Fishing Film Marathon
- Destination Texas Fly Fishing Expo
- Orvis Name Fly-Fishing Lodge of the Year 2014