Angling – The Most Popular ‘Gateway’ Activity in the US
The 2012 Outdoor Recreation Participation Report indicated that 46.2 million Americans fished in 2012.
Source: Daily Commercial
Approximately 18 percent of youths between the ages of 6 and 24 years of age and 16 percent of adults enjoyed wetting a line in 2012 - making recreational fishing the most popular ‘gateway activity’ in the country.
The Outdoor Foundation defines gateway activities as those that often lead to other outdoor participation; what makes that important is the knowledge that active, nature-based recreation leads to happier, healthier and more productive lifestyles.
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- AFFTA / Fly Fishing Shows 2014
- Iconic British Fishing Emporium, Farlows, Casts a Line for the Future
- Don’t Miss the World Premiere of Waypoints!
- Sportfishing Summit 2013
- ASF's 31st Annual New York Gala Dinner and Auction
- Noted Fly Angler A.K. Best to Talk on Fishing Colorado