Angling – The Most Popular ‘Gateway’ Activity in the US
The 2012 Outdoor Recreation Participation Report indicated that 46.2 million Americans fished in 2012.
Source: Daily Commercial
Approximately 18 percent of youths between the ages of 6 and 24 years of age and 16 percent of adults enjoyed wetting a line in 2012 - making recreational fishing the most popular ‘gateway activity’ in the country.
The Outdoor Foundation defines gateway activities as those that often lead to other outdoor participation; what makes that important is the knowledge that active, nature-based recreation leads to happier, healthier and more productive lifestyles.
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire
- Illinois Catch and Release
- Florida Fly Fishing Expo Announces October Classes with Bob Clouser and Wanda Taylor
- Abel Dancing Bears Grateful Dead Series Reels
- Thomas & Thomas Rodmakers has a New Owner