Angling – The Most Popular ‘Gateway’ Activity in the US
The 2012 Outdoor Recreation Participation Report indicated that 46.2 million Americans fished in 2012.
Source: Daily Commercial
Approximately 18 percent of youths between the ages of 6 and 24 years of age and 16 percent of adults enjoyed wetting a line in 2012 - making recreational fishing the most popular ‘gateway activity’ in the country.
The Outdoor Foundation defines gateway activities as those that often lead to other outdoor participation; what makes that important is the knowledge that active, nature-based recreation leads to happier, healthier and more productive lifestyles.
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014
- Board Changes at AFFTA
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year