Skagit River Salmon Festival
The free Skagit River Salmon Festival is being held from 10am to 6pm on Saturday 07 September at Edgewater Park, Mount Vernon.
Source: Mark Yuasa / Seattle Times
The event includes hands-on fly fishing lessons and fly tying provided by the Fidalgo Fly Fishers and other outdoor groups, businesses and organizations such as: Cabelas, State Fish and Wildlife, Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group and Washington Wild.
There will also be a beer and wine garden, music, food, cultural activities, artisan vendors, arts and crafts for kids and chainsaw art.
The event is in partnership with the city of Mount Vernon and the festival is also hosting the Ray Reep Salmon Derby and the humpies (pink salmon) are running in good numbers up the Skagit River. For details on the derby click HERE
SPAWNsors include Puget Sound Energy; Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group; Skagit Public Utility District; Skagit Publishing; Swinomish Indian Tribal Community; City of Burlington; Upper Skagit Tribe; City of Anacortes; City of Mount Vernon; Samish Indian Nation; Skagit County; Shell Oil Products US (Puget Sound Refinery); Tesoro Refining & Marketing; Whidbey Island Bank; and Skagit Watershed Council.
For more details on the event click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Fix Our Water: Florida's Water Crisis
- Simms Releases New Film All About 'The Wader Makers.'
- Cuba to ‘Open Up’ to Fishing with Orvis
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History