Skagit River Salmon Festival
The free Skagit River Salmon Festival is being held from 10am to 6pm on Saturday 07 September at Edgewater Park, Mount Vernon.
Source: Mark Yuasa / Seattle Times
The event includes hands-on fly fishing lessons and fly tying provided by the Fidalgo Fly Fishers and other outdoor groups, businesses and organizations such as: Cabelas, State Fish and Wildlife, Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group and Washington Wild.
There will also be a beer and wine garden, music, food, cultural activities, artisan vendors, arts and crafts for kids and chainsaw art.
The event is in partnership with the city of Mount Vernon and the festival is also hosting the Ray Reep Salmon Derby and the humpies (pink salmon) are running in good numbers up the Skagit River. For details on the derby click HERE
SPAWNsors include Puget Sound Energy; Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group; Skagit Public Utility District; Skagit Publishing; Swinomish Indian Tribal Community; City of Burlington; Upper Skagit Tribe; City of Anacortes; City of Mount Vernon; Samish Indian Nation; Skagit County; Shell Oil Products US (Puget Sound Refinery); Tesoro Refining & Marketing; Whidbey Island Bank; and Skagit Watershed Council.
For more details on the event click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire
- Illinois Catch and Release
- Florida Fly Fishing Expo Announces October Classes with Bob Clouser and Wanda Taylor
- Abel Dancing Bears Grateful Dead Series Reels
- Thomas & Thomas Rodmakers has a New Owner
- Ride the Tide - Fly Fishing for Winter Steelhead
- Big Brookies in Oregon