Abel Reel Art Contest
Artists – from first-time amateur to student, fly fishing guide or professional – may compete for the opportunity of designing the fish graphic finish of a new Abel Reel including recognition and write-up on the firm’s website and 2015 catalog.
Source: Abel Reels
Two winners, fresh and saltwater species fish finish, will be awarded the Abel Reel of their choice, showcasing their own winning design, announced Jeff Patterson, director of sales of the California tackle manufacturer. There will also be one junior division winner for all artists ages 15 and under at the time of submission.
Abel will select the Finalists, up to ten pieces of artwork in each category, and picture them on the company’s Facebook page. The Finalists in each category will be open for vote over a two month period during October and November, 2013. Each Facebook “like” will be considered one vote.
Fresh, saltwater, and junior division winning designs will then go into production, with the three winning artists each receiving a free reel of their choice.
Articles by the same author
- IF4 - On its Way To A City Near You - Don't Miss It!
- Shadow Fly Fishing Custom Fly Line Giveaway
- Fly Fish Texas
- Orvis to Open its Annual Guide Rendezvous to the Public
- Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
- Costa Fly Fishing Film Tour 2014
- Board Changes at AFFTA
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- 2013 State of the Nation's River Report
- Fish and Wildlife Service Announces No Fish Hatchery Closures This Year