Fall into Fishing
As part of its new ‘Fall into Fishing’ promotion, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) fish hatchery crews began stocking 33 western Washington lakes with 75,000 large rainbow trout.
Source: Bonney Lake Courier-Herald
Fall into Fishing stocking efforts will continue into November leading up to WDFW's second-annual "Black Friday" fishing event on the day after Thanksgiving.
"We're launching Fall into Fishing in response to requests from anglers to increase year-round trout fishing opportunities in western Washington," said Chris Donley, inland lakes program manager.
Three lakes in King County - Morton, Green, and Meridian - have been stocked, as well as Silver Lake in Snohomish County.
"Meridian, Green, Morton, and Silver lakes should provide excellent fishing opportunities throughout October," said Donley. "But this is just the beginning. All fall, anglers can expect 12 to 17-inch trout as well as some 5 to 6 pounders at many Puget Sound and southwest Washington lakes."
"Last year's Black Friday event was very successful," said Donley. "We decided to repeat it and also significantly expand our fall stocking. As always we encourage anglers to get out and enjoy the abundant fishing resources available to Washington residents, and we encourage everyone to get family and friends involved in the sport of fishing."
To participate, anglers must have a current Washington freshwater fishing license valid through March 31, 2014. Licenses can be purchased online at the by telephone at 1-866-246-9453 or at hundreds of license vendors across the state.
Before heading out, anglers should check fishing regulations, which are available at license vendors and on WDFW's website.
Articles by the same author
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire
- Illinois Catch and Release
- Florida Fly Fishing Expo Announces October Classes with Bob Clouser and Wanda Taylor