14th Annual Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival
One of the nation’s top fly fishing events features family fun, demonstrations, wine and cider sampling, microbrews, casting classes and fly tying seminars on the banks of the South River at Constitution Park in Waynesboro, Saturday and Sunday, April 12-13
Festival hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day, rain or shine and daily admission tickets are $20 for adults and kids 16 and under are free. Weekend passes are available for $35.
• Over 50 exhibitors, including Orvis and Temple Fork Outfitters, will have the latest in fly fishing equipment, merchandise, guide services, and destinations.
• Casting classes with Wanda Taylor and Ed Jaworoski
• Beginner fly tying classes with Fishy Fullum
• Intermediate classes with Dan Davala and Matt Supinski
• Casting demonstrations throughout the day with fly fishing legend Lefty Kreh
• Free children’s “Catch and Release Trout Pool” with native brook trout
• Grand prize raffle drawing for three days of guided fishing in South Holston River
• Live music featuring Jim Connor of John Denver’s Banjo Man group and Mike Kelly, singer and songwriter
Between lectures, classes, and great local food, noted Virginia wineries and Bold Rock cidery will pour samples of popular vintages. Wine tastings are included with festival admission. Attendees can sip wine while listening to live riverside music. Starr Hill and Sweetwater Breweries will also be featured.
Over $7,500 worth of raffle prizes will be featured. Conservation-minded Steven Toyota (Harrisonburg) will showcase their newest models and you can also buy your fishing license.
For more information about the festival, including a complete schedule, click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Holly Rush Appointed New CEO of Costa
- Free Fly Fishing Lessons with Orvis
- Merry Christmas
- New Chair of ASF Board of Directors
- Atlantic Salmon Federation Honor Mary Barley
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave