Murphy’s Back with Douglas Outdoors
Jim Murphy, former president of Hardy North America and founder of Redington, recently announced the founding of Douglas Outdoors.
Source: Angling Trade
Angling Trade report that: Douglas Outdoors is a new partnership with the Barclay family, prominent conservationists and owners of the Douglaston Salmon Run (DSR) on the famed Salmon River in New York.
Douglas Outdoors will present two new fly rod ranges, a line of spin and casting rods, and two new fly reels at the annual ICAST/IFTD show on July 15, in Orlando, Florida. This first product offering will feature the Eclipse fly reel , the first to be made in the Douglas Outdoors factory in New York.
“We are in the process of building a new fishing rod factory here in New York State,” Murphy said. “We have hired a leading composites engineer to head the team. Tom Murphey , formerly of the Air Force Research Laboratory in Albuquerque is not only a prominent scientist in the field, but he also is the holder of two current IFGA records on fly. Tom will be applying the latest material science breakthroughs to fishing rod design. We will bring our first US-Made rods to market in 2015.
“Douglas Outdoors is committed to a dealer-centric program,” Murphy added. “Our focus will be on the independent dealers, and we will offer them products, programs, and support that will reflect on their key role in the fishing industry. I look forward to presenting Douglas Outdoors to the industry and to offering a fresh legacy of tackle and services that anglers and dealers alike will find both new and familiar.”
Articles by the same author
- State of the Trout 2015
- ICAST 2015 Set to Make Trade Show History
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire