View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Sage TCR Fans?

Doug I appreciated that for multiple reasons. I'll have to admit that I was wondering if you ever found a rod you didn't like. I now see that you just follow the old addage of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". This makes sense to me, as I can't imagine the manufacturers would risk loaning you a rod/reel/line to try for free if you had a reputation of writing up bad reviews which are taken very seriously and could inhibit sales of their gear.

I also appreciate the fact that your reviews hardly ever contain text copied and pasted from the manufacturers various propaganda. I subscribe to a Magazine which does exactly this and may eventually let Mr. Randolph know that I am quite annoyed by it.

Your reference to MBA's and their aesthetics might be misdirected. I think the opinion creating the influence is on the demand side, not the supply in that case. Many of the fools with more money than sense who haphazardly buy the gear we cherish do so because they recognize the brand name and because it looks appealing. One needs to only look at the sales of the Color Camo reels to see this phenomenon in action. The larger stripping guides that greatly assist in shooting line look kind of odd to some people and unfortunately could prevent purchase of said rod.

Doug, thank you for what you do and for being a part of this board.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.