View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Inexpensive Reels Compared

I plan on taking notes on the trip. Going again next year is already on scheduler. Not that I am rich, but by then I will have the gear already, hopefully know where to go, and I will have a free ticket to the West coast.
The cost of the next Kodiak trip should be much MUCH less next year. I don't eat the fresh water fish around here. The salt water fish, blues, stripers, etc, all come with warning labels glued on by the State DEP telling you to eat no more than one fish every so often. Pretty sad, but, that is why I am glad there are still places like Alaska to fish. :-))

Hi Joe,

I don't remember if you ever said where you will be fishing. The above comment sounds like you will be going to Kodiak. Is that your plans?

I want to caution you about Alaska fishing. You can't just go any where and catch fish. Most of Alaska's fish in rivers are migratory and you have to be at the right place at the right time. Even in lakes the fish will be at specific places at certain times of the year. A fish on every cast is possible but not every day and every place. I just wanted to be sure that you understand that Alaska fishing can be tough just like other places. It can also be fantastic.