View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7.5' 3wt Recommendations

I threw a few soft hackles last weekend with my girlfriend's Redington Classic Trout 7'6" 3 weight. If you can match your stroked to the medium action, you may like this rod. My girlfriend prefers medium to medium-fast action rods. She is in love with her rod.

I spent about 10 minutes with her rod. Once I adjusted my timing, I was able to lay down some soft presentations. I also caught a couple of dinky trout (8 inchers). Fighting those dinky fish with that light of a rod was fun.

Best of all, you can get the rod for $129 or an outfit with a Redington Drift reel and Rio Mainstream line and backing for $279.

I have not thrown dry flies yet. I plan on doing a full review of that rod, once she lets me use it again. I'd like to spend more than 10 minutes with it.

MP