View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: 7.5' 3wt Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
I threw a few soft hackles last weekend with my girlfriend's Redington Classic Trout 7'6" 3 weight. If you can match your stroked to the medium action, you may like this rod. My girlfriend prefers medium to medium-fast action rods. She is in love with her rod.

I spent about 10 minutes with her rod. Once I adjusted my timing, I was able to lay down some soft presentations. I also caught a couple of dinky trout (8 inchers). Fighting those dinky fish with that light of a rod was fun.

Best of all, you can get the rod for $129 or an outfit with a Redington Drift reel and Rio Mainstream line and backing for $279.

I have not thrown dry flies yet. I plan on doing a full review of that rod, once she lets me use it again. I'd like to spend more than 10 minutes with it.

MP
I'd also recommend the CT. I've been fishing the 8.5' 5wt and like it quite alot. I think the fact that it comes with a great tube at that low price is another important point. My review- Redington CT (Classic Trout)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.