Thread: Float Tube
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Float Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBYNIGHT View Post
Any Advice On An Open Front Float Tube Vs Closed. It Seems The Open Version Shold Be Easier To Mount.
Thanks
The round tube is much harder to enter but they are lighter and easier to back pack. They are not the choice for an older person who might have a balance problem. I used a round tube for many years and never had a problem getting into it. The U boats are easy to enter but I think the V boat is a better choice. With the U and V boat make sure the seat holds the tubes apart or there is a rigid bar across the front to hold the tubes apart. Some of the early U tube designs had a tendency for the tubes to come together when you sat down. The ridged bar solved that problem. The newer designs use the seat to hold the tubes apart.

Tell us what you want to spend and how you are going to use it and I bet we can suggest a good tube for you.