View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:36 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leader requirements?

I do it all the time with poppers, but I use a heavier mono than 6#. I use 12-15 #.

You'll find though that successful bass fishing has a lot to do with accurate casts, and to make an accurate cast you need to use a tapered leader.
They don't have to be complicated tapers however and if you're not worried about scum building up on the knots, (I don't) you can build a simple tapered leader from 3 different sizes of mono.
Try a butt section of 25# test (or heavier) of about 4', then blood knot on a mid section of around 15# test of about 2', and finally loop on a tippet section of 10# test (more or less) of about 1 1/2'
That should turn over bass sized flies nicely