06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Re: Best Rod Overall
Some good suggestions here. I wanted to second the St Croix Legend Ultra. They are a lot of rod for the money. They are made in America and have a lifetime warranty. Check out the specs on this rod for $310.
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) tooling technology.
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™).
- High-modulus/high-strain SCIV graphite.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- Fuji® Alconite stripper guides with chrome frames.
- Hard chrome, single-foot fly guides on 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 wt. models.
- Hard chrome snake guides on 6SW, 6/10', 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 wt. models.
- REC® nickel silver reel seat with a stabilized bird's-eye maple insert on freshwater models.
- REC® hard-anodized, aluminum reel seat on heavier-line models.
- Super-grade cork handle.
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish.
- Rugged rod case with handle and divided polypropylene liner.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by unmatched St. Croix service.
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.