Thread: Wader Delema
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 04:28 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Wader Delema

Well I wish I didn't have small feet. I wear a size 8 shoe and my son wears a six 10.5. I sometimes I tease him and tell him he was really the Mailman's kid.

Any way he and I are going to fish the Upper Sacramento River the week of July 26th. However he doesn't fish unless its with me and he lives out in Yucca Valley currently and soon he will be moving to New Orleans so we will only probably get to fish together once a year.

The truth is I'm telling all this to try to justify not buying him a new pair of waders and making him wear an pair of my breathable duck hunting waders however the biggest problem the neoprene stocking feet in my waders only go to a size 9. Would he be able to squeeze his size 10.5 feet without cutting off circulation and being extremely uncomfortable. The fact is except first thing in the morning we will likely end of wet wading do to the heat in Dunsmuir, CA. If he can sqeese into those waders I'll only have to purchase a pair of wading boots for him.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.