View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Newly acquired Orvis and St. Croix Q's

Quote:
Originally Posted by photron View Post
I recently acquired a St. Croix High-Modulus Imperial Graphite Xl marked 4302-7/8-8'6", line wt.7/8. ,,,,,,,, and an Orvis Graphite 8'3" for 7 wt. line. Both of these are unused and vintage. There is no more information on the rods than I have stated. I am quite green on fly fishing and would like to know how best these rods are used. All the info I find on the internet is for current models. Maybe someone can relate these to current models. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Photron,

The Imperial is a discontinued model made with SCII graphite. It is a slow to moderate action rod. I think it had good quality hardware but I am not sure. I think they were available in two and 4 piece rods.

This site has some listed for sale. This is a new site to me and they have some really good photos of their stuff. I was impressed with the site.