Thread: Howdy!!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 PM

Rayvyn is on a distinguished road
Default Howdy!!

I am from Worcester, MA and grew up fishing for Bass and Perch in local lakes... I am 44 now and have not dropped a line in 20 or so years... Last time I fished was in my early 20's while stationed at Norfolk (USN) but that was mainly bass and cat fishing in shallow muddy lakes... My best fishing memories are from my early years when I briefly took up river fishing for Rainbow trout... My step dad was an old fly fisherman and set out to teach me several times but having grown up spinning with spinners I always reverted back... Recently however, he passed away and left me his old gear... Now I am expecting a son and am trying my hardest to get back into this hobby to teach him a lifelong - worth while hobby I wish I had taken on myself... I am considering selling his old gear to fund and all out setup because I am sure it is worth something and I would be even more heart broken if I broke it while stumbling through trying to relearn... Not 100% sure I can sell it but that is why I have come here and I am hoping to be here indefinitely - learning...

Thanks for all the help up front...