View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:27 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: rubber-legged beetle!

ya i hear ya! i also hear anything with rubber legs is great for gills. these weren't huge gills either at all . i actually had some small ones with the beetle bigger than there mouth rubber legs hanging out and all just like u said lol. first time i actually seen um killing top water bugs i actually watched ants and beetles fall into the river when the wind blew and they were goners!!! my cousin had the idea to try top water because a fish hit his indicator as soon as he tossed out a nymph. i tried a royal wulff with no luck but my cousin got a hard bite on it. then i threw on the beetle and all hell broke loose lol. i am still pumped about it! I can't wait to try it out again. I like how u make the fly move and get a response! u can actually see um come up and follow it around or just come at 100 mph and kill it!!! the real way of fly fishing. very exciting even tho they were prolly under a half pound . lol . its way better than using a worm and bobber! plus i have never lost a fish yet.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.