View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Cast Like A Pro

dougm will become famous soon enoughdougm will become famous soon enough
Default Flyfishing in Alberta

Undoubtably the best area to fly fish for trout in Alberta is the Crowsnest Pass in the south west end of the province..I guided 9 years in Banff National Park on the Bow river and down south for 9 years also... for fly rods, south is where you want to be. The variety of streams, their size and geography the different trout species ,mountains foothills and prairie landscapes, size of the fish it,s all here.My company also spends time on the Lower Bow and famous B.C. waters like the Elk and St. Mary,s rivers..From my house on the Crowsnest River I can be standing on the Banks of the Elk river in B.C. in 20 minutes. Withing one hours drive of the Crowsnest in call flyfish 30 different flowing trout streams.... Southern Alberta streams Are simallar to Montana,s .Accomodations range from 75$ to125$(Canadian) on average..My rates are 325-300 us$ for two people includes excellent lunches and any tackle requirements, any lodgings can be arranged, no charge..And as for guides for hire I recomend me of course..if we are all booked up we are well associated with some top notch guides...I hope this helps you with your questions..check out our (needs up dating)web site at www.albertaflyfishing.ab.ca. 1-877-363-3258.Alan and Susan Brice ,Crowsnest Cafe' and Fly Shop