View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:20 AM

oregonsteel has a spectacular aura aboutoregonsteel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Beginner ?'s - too much muscle in cast

Ahhh, I have another tip that is as good as my first
Free orvis casting clinics in July, AND GET $15 Orvis certificate AND 1 year free membership in trout ulimited. And guess what store near you is participating? Feather Craft! So be there at 9:30 am on saturday, pick up your $15 gift certificate, and learn about fly fishing and casting! And probably go the next saturday too to ge even more instruction and another $15. Actually there are 3! So you can get $45 worth of orvis gift certificates AND 9 hours of tutorial by a pro!! By the third saturday you are going to be asking how to double haul!!

Dang, I am jealous that I dont have a paricipating store 15 minutes away, the closest store to ashland oregn is lie 5-7 hours away!

TU and Orvis have partnered together to offer a new industry event aimed at introducing people to Trout Unlimited and the sport of fly fishing. The event is called Fly Fishing 101 and will kick-off on Saturday, July 3, 2010.

Event Dates
Classes will occur every Saturday in July from 9AM-12PM at participating Orvis stores and dealers (see the list of participating locations below).

Event Itinerary
Each Orvis store and participating dealer will hold consecutive half hour time slots of casting instruction followed by a half hour of tackle and rigging instruction - a total of three one hour groups at each location. Spaces are limited at each location so attendees must RSVP to reserve their spot. The number of spots available will vary by location and the number of available instructors.

Once instruction is completed, each attendee will receive a $15 savings card good toward Orvis gear. Additionally, each group attendee will receive a certificate for a free Trout Unlimited membership a $35 value.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Hmmm, I dang I want one or two of those certificates for trout unlimited!!

Can someone pick one up for me?