View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Turning Over Popper Issues

Hi sbourdelais,

Are you saying you have a 8.5' leader and you added 1.5' of tippet making you leader 10'. If that is the case your leader is too long like Rip said and your tippet is way, way too long. If you drop back to a 7.5' leader and don't add any tippet.

If you are fishing for Bass with a popper at 50' you will have a heck of a time setting the hook. I don't think slow action rods make good Bass rods. Between the tough mouth of a Bass, the stretch in the fly line and tippet, that soft rod and you will have a tough time setting the hook at 50'. I think 35' to 40' would be as far as i would want to fish.

Frank