View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 AM

Codester is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to this site

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site as well and have been lurking for the past couple weeks. I also live in the Eastern Sierra range in a small ski/ fish town, June Lake. I've grown up here my whole life. I was into fishing a lot as a kid, but then when the age limit came to buy a license at 16 years old, I lost interest. Just recently, I bought a license and fell in love with fishing all over again. I started bait fishing at the beginning of the season, caught some BIG trout (one being 7lbs 2oz) and after that, I couldn't stop! I got into fly-fishing about a month ago. Went out and bought a floattube, waders, boots and everything! Man.. and I thought catching fish on a spinning reel was fun.. I can't even go back to my spinning rod anymore! Just started tying flies about a week ago, but can't seem to catch any fish on them yet.. Anyway, good to meet all you guys and I look forward to learning a lot

BTW check out my website at Codester's Trip Reports: Backcountry Skiing, Hiking, and Backpacking
It hasn't been updated in a while; however, I am planning on updating it soon with a whole new fishing section!