View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Inflatable PFD Advice Needed

Hi Mike,

That is a good question. I experimented with the PFD under the vest using the mouth inflater. The velcro did not impede the PFD from filling and released easily. I felt that with a charged filling it would be no problem. I could see the vest flying open and the fly boxes hitting your arms but never felt it would fly off or be a problem. If a person falls down wading or from a boat the first thing he should do is turn onto his back and get oriented with feet facing down stream. It is at this point I would inflate if I couldn't get back up. If you are in really violent white water this is not the vest of choice.

I have fallen while wading and there was always time to get oriented and figure out what I was going to do to recover. There was plenty of time to inflate the PFD with the ripcord if I felt it was necessary.