View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 10:18 AM

oregonsteel has a spectacular aura aboutoregonsteel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Packable/ economic 5 wt setup recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
One option that i have heard others on the forum do is, Buy a rod lets just say a scott A3 4pc and play with it if it is the magis stick you were looking for cool if not sell it on ebay and continue buying and trying, a few people on FF'ing forums have said they actually made a few bucks getting a good deal on the likes of sage, winston and g loomis then getting about MSRP selling them. so if you have no where to go pick up a rod and let line fly then there is always this option. P.S. i used a 9' 2 Pc. on the north tongue in burges junction WY. worked fine for me and sound exactlly like the waters you are fishing.
10 feet wide? Heck you could easily get by with a 6 foot rod. (not that I would advise a beginner to learn how to cast on a 6 wt)

For a bit more money ($300) from the bearsden.com you can get a march brown hidden waters convertible. A 4 weight that is both 7 ft or 6 feet, or a 3 wt that is 6 and a half feet or 5 and 1/2 feet. And both are 7 pieces