View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Another Use for Duct Tape

I just found this thread

That's a nice fix. I believe that the Wal Mart store in Wasilla Alaska still holds the record for Duct Tape sales in North America, no joke. Especially in the bush duc tape as it is known is the most important thing to have next to a roll of toilet paper and a bottle of 'Heet Diesel fuel treatment'. The roll of paper and the heet will create a fire starter like a big wick that will burn for 20 minutes or more, that's long enough to start even damp wood. The Duc tape does everything else. I have used it to bind a broken snowshoe miles away from the cabin and it got me home. Around the cabin it gets used very often and is a don't leave camp without it item.

As for junk in the intake foot; I have only had to tear down the unit once while out in the hitherlands but then I've only had this boat two years. Weeds and moss are another story, they are indeed the bane of the jet boat. I have learned quick about all the things that can stop you on the spot and remain very lucky when it comes to choosing the right channel. Hewitt Creek has more logs in it than any other place I've been so I get good training every trip. I owe my luck to the fact that our little tunnel hull will scoot on about 2.5 - 3" of water if you are moving at least 15 mph. This is a huge factor when traveling the rivers and creeks here. The shallow running boat combined with a center console so you are standing and can see over the bow so as to avoid obstacles are (for me) the hot setup.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;