Thread: crayfish fly
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: crayfish fly

i am from ohio and we have steelhead stocked in our streams. I have always heard to use sucker spawn or glo eggs, egg sucking leaches and so forth. thats just what i heard so far but i am new to steelheading with a fly . one guy told me anything orange? seems the steelies are in the river in the fall winter and spring only till they go out in the lake in the summer. don't know how many crayfish with be out there when the rivers are cold tho . i know that crayfish will catch a bass or catfish now tho. i was just using a black wooley bugger today and caught some fat gills and a cat with it. suppose it resembled a leech or something? so a brown bugger with a bead head would resemble a crayfish in my opinion. but never tried using one as today was the 1st time using a streamer style fly. seems to catch bigger fish than a top water beetle or nymphs which i have been using lately.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.