Thread: Hand Stacking
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hand Stacking

I always do bucktail by hand, never with a stacker
First of all, don't expect it to come out even. It won't ever even up like hair in a stacker and in most cases you really don't want it to.
The bucktail needs to be clean. I hold mine by the tips and blow. This is a good time to clean out the 'shorts' too.
Then I'll pick out the long ones and even the tips up with the majority. Do this two or three times if you need too.
Finally hold the hair clump as loosely as you possibly can between your thumb and fore fingers and tamp it into the palm of your other hand.
This will even it up "good enough" in most cases, just don't expect perfect.