View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:19 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Allen & Co. hooks

Frank;
I have tyed about 500-600 flies on Justins hooks (even wore my old vise out) The caddis, 2488 drys, scud, nymph and wet hooks are great I have yet too try the dry hooks (1x fine), I have some 200R hooks and streamer hooks std,2x,3x,and 6x long (they look very good) I have yet too fish the 200R and streamer hooks on some of the larger hooks I have come across a few with minor blemishes ( Not any near as many as I have had with the mustard hooks I used too get)

Most of the TMC hooks I have used were bad batches and were poorly tempered and ither broke or bent I have not bought more since.

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD