View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Better late than never

Glad you guys liked the report; I know I had a blast up there.

Now to answer a few of the questions......

My boots are the Simms Rivershed vibram sole boot. I opted to not get studs or cleats at first as I wanted to see how different they were from non studded felt. IMO they each have advantages; the felt are just awesome in the water. They do lack when you get out of the water and hike though. Vibram is awesome to hike in; it also does a great job when you get out of the water (I am talking about stepping onto large rocks when getting out). For the most part they do well in the water as well. The biggest shortfall I have noticed is slime covered granite. I will get cleats for them; hopefully it doesn’t take away from how they are from a dry land hiking standpoint.

Frank: My new camera (got it for Father's day) is the Nikon D3000. I know it is a starter DSLR but my wife wanted me to learn how to use one before getting something else. Unfortunately it is not water proof and the warranty does not cover submerging in water (my wife told me that she asked the guy where she purchased it). I have a couple of different lenses for it now; however I want to get that 105mm Macro lens in the future.