View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Northern Pike Fishing

gvollmer,

Your new 8wt will handle those flies fine. As long as you are using a floating line you should not have any problems. The mouse has to be fished slower than the other flies and on top. Use some weight if the other flies are not weighted. Pike are not fussy and any commotion will get their attention. The Pike I have fished were all in lakes and the fish were cruising up and down the shore. I cast to intercept them and a little movement of the fly got their attention. I have never caught Pike in a river. Good luck on your trip.