View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Catch and release or catch and eat?

Hi Eric,

I think it has a lot to do with the fishery and what you are fishing for. I can't remember the last time I ate a trout. I catch and release Bass but they are not the best to eat. If I caught Crappie I would keep some to eat. I think the important thing is not to kill a boat load. I would hope that every one is releasing the trout they catch unless they are put and take fish. In Washington and Oregon you could kill hatchery Steelhead but you had to release the native fish. That was a good plan.

In Alaska I use to carry a one burner stove and a fry pan in the boat. We really enjoyed a shore side lunch of Grayling or Salmon. I always released the trout. One problem with many fisherman is they kill the trophy fish and these are the ones that should especially be released. I have a friend in Alaska who killed a 13lb rainbow and had it mounted. He was real proud of that fish. I never told him I thought it was a travesty to have killed that beautiful fish.