View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Apperently I missed a tradition here

I've actually been posting a few weeks but I never did the introduction thing.

Name is Eric, I've fish all my life but avoided Flyfishing because I felt I just couldn't afford another expensive hobby.

Still, something talked me into buying a rod and reel a couple of years ago (WW Grigg 5/6 wt, and an Okuma reel) which I stuck in a closet and never took out because every time I went fishing I was short on time and I didn't want to spending it trying to learn to flyfish.

Early last month I had a 5 day trip to the White Mountains in eastern AZ and I decided that it was time to learn to flyfish but before that I wanted some practice so I bought a 7'6" TFO 3 wt so I could practice by fishing for bluegills in our urban ponds, and then after some research I bought an 8'6" Redington CT 4wt for some of the smaller lakes in the whites. (See why I needed to avoid this hobby?) ahd then I spent 5 days fishing every creek, lake, river I had time to and now I'm hooked.

I've taken a couple casting classes and lately my obsession is small creek fishing.