View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:32 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended 44 mag ammo

I was watching a fly fishing program on TV, and this show was done in Alaska. While they fished near bears, one of the guides stood ready with a shotgun in the manner Brewmaster mentioned. My brother-in-law's brother was attacked by a bear while stationed in Alaska (while fly fishing), and he played dead. He was carrying a revolver, but he decided not to use it. His back has quite a number of scars, but he survived.

There's something about placing yourself in a bear's backyard that bothers me a bit. I'm not referring to anyone here, but the folks in the TV program I mentioned knew quite well that they would be fishing right alongside several bears. In that case, it was the bears' lives that were in danger, as the shotgun wielding guide stood ready to blast anything that came within their zone. Tred Barta came to mind while I watched that.....