View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:54 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Recommended 44 mag ammo

Frank, thanks for replying. My original question was what guides and fishermen used up there to get an idea of what a minimum requirement would be. My actual destination is Yellowstone and because my last visit had me come across 3grizzlys in one day traversing the park and a black one on the 5th day I was there. Quite unusual but enough for me to question whether pepper was enough. My initial plan was 2 fishermen hiking and camping, one with a 44 mag and the other with a 12 ga. Between the two of us we could watch out backs. My buddy's plans fell through 2 weeks ago and I'm having to solo. I've chosen to go with the 44 due to weight restrictions as a back up to the pepper but using Buffalo Bore 305 gr. I'm taking the usual precautions but I also know that Yellowtone Grizz is not quite as large as Alaskan Brown or Grizz. I'll probably never use it but would like a contingency. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions.
Racine