View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 09:15 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catch And Release Or Catch And...?

I am mostly catch and release. I have not killed a fish in the past three years.

There are a few times that I will keep fish. Lakes and streams that are regularly stocked are fair game. The fish that were put in were meant to be taken. Some high country Brook Trout lakes are filled to their capacities. Taking a fish won't hurt the ecosystem. Whenever I make a trip to some Margaritaville, the taking of a Dorado (Mahi Mahi) doesn't effect the ecosystem. Plus they make for some great fish tacos.

As a rule, I release all wild trout with the exception to some high alpine Brookies.

MP