View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 12:13 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flys for prespawn browns

One word - Streamers. Look on Kelly Galloup's site Kelly Galloup's Slide Inn Trout Fly Fishing Lodge to find some great recipes. My favorite is a simple rabbit strip Bunny Leech in dark olive with a silver bead-head, or bug eyes. I use a floating line. Change up how you retrieve the fly until you find the retrieve that's working on those bad boys that day. Sometimes it's as slow as a finger crawl across the bottom, other times it's fast and furious. Change it up until you find the right combo.

Here's one of my favorite photos of a streamer-caught brown from my favorite spring creek:
Click the image to open in full size.

Kelly.