View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 06:21 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: casting 4wt. 5.5 ft. rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve l. johnson View Post
No actually I didn't throw it down to the backing because I needle-knotted an extra 45 feet of level fly-line to the level portion of the origal line
What it amounts to is I have a 127 foot fly line on my reel- no danger of throwing all of that line off the reel!
I don't exactly remember the occasion why I added the extra line, something says I had the same reel on another rod about 7 feet long (thanks to a car door it is now 6 and a half feet long,) I was casting over a hundred feet with that rod. I have several rod and reel combinations with extra fly-line added, thats just me...
So, you have a 4w line actually 127 feet long (90' line with 45' of level should be 135' in reality). And no backing, is that correct? All fit's on a 4w spool. What reel is it you're using. And if it's true you can throw that far, you should be doing it professionally. I think you'd give Steve Raejeff a run for his money. I'd like to see what you could do with a 9' 5w rod. You should be hucking in the 150' range.