View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fly Fishing Injuries

Only injured my self once and I still shudder when I think about it. I was just out of high school and we were fishing a mountain stream that emptied into a major river. We were hiking and fishing down to the river. There was one section in the trail that had a one-person trolley car that crossed the creek. It ran on a steel cable that was about 50 yards across. I was in the cart and the first part was zippy and then you had to reach up and pull on the cable to help keep it running. I pulled with my left hand and rammed my thumb in between the cable and pulley. Dam that hurt, tore off all the skin and meat on the soft side down to the bone and brought the trolley to a stop. I had to pull the opposite direction to get my thumb lose. That was the end of my fishing for that day.